YOURvoice Forums Consultation Timescale and action plan for UK 2015 elections decision

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am wondering if it makes sense to:

1. Set a date by which a decision will be made whether or not to field candidates for the 2015 general election
      2. Draw up a list of what needs to be agreed before a decision can be made.
      3. Draw up a timescale and set of milestones for achieving (1) and (2).

It would also be useful to know who is able to commit time to this.

• Julian James
      Keymaster

Very sensible suggestions! Only just back from holiday and need to compose my thoughts so will aim to add something to this discussion within the coming days.

• Julian James
      Keymaster

Just a quick update for anyone following this thread. I am currently waiting on the result of the Scottish Referendum as I believe that regardless of the choice made, half of those living in Scotland will feel disillusioned by the outcome and may be very receptive to D3 as a system for the Scottish Parliament.

• Bill Noble
      Participant

Julian, does this mean that your intention is that YOURvoice will concentrate on Scotland to promote D3 and not the rest of the UK? Even if this is the case there are lots of things that need to be worked out irrespective of the result. Can we not at least set out a timetable now? As you know I am concerned that the longer we delay this the less likely we will be able to get everything sorted in time. I am not sure what is to be gained by waiting for the Scottish decision before setting a timetable? Will it change the decision to field candidates? Will it change the type of D3 we offer?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.